This Policy (together with our End User Licence Agreement (EULA) and our Website Terms and Conditions of Use, apply to
- Chatazap mobile application software, the data supplied with the software and the associated media (App);
- any of the services accessible through the App and/or the Website (Services); and
- chatazap.com (Website)
and any personal data which you may provide to us via the Website, via e-mail and/or by post.
This Policy is effective as of, 1st August 2015
We are Chatazap Labs Limited (Chatazap). Chatazap is a registered company in England and Wales under company number 08850970 with its registered office at One Eleven Edmund Street, Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom B3 2HJ. Our principal business address is Chatazap, 29 Foregate Street, Worcester, WR1 1DS.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 Chatazap is the data controller of any personal data which we may collect from you, or which you provide to us via the Website, the App and/or the Services or by e-mail, or by post.
Protecting the privacy of young children is important to us. We do not knowingly process personal data provided by children under 16 years of age, and no part of the App, the Services and/or the Website are directed to or intended to be used by persons under 16. If you are under 16 years of age, then please do not use the App, the Services and/or the Website. We reserve the right to deactivate the account of any user who we learn is under 16 years of age.
Data Protection and Privacy
We may collect and process data about you including, but not limited to, information you provide:
- when you contact us via the Website, by e-mail or by post;
- at the time of registering an account with us manually;
- at the time of registering an account and signing in with your Facebook account. Your Facebook login details are used for access to your account only and not stored on any server;
- when you use the Services to send or receive messages (“Messages”);
- when you use the Services to send or receive images or videos (“Media”);
- when the App accesses your address book or contact list on your mobile device to sync your contacts into the App. Your contacts are refreshed every time the App is opened and this adds your updated contacts list into the App. This function is done within the App;
We will comply with the requirements of all relevant data protection legislation in force from time to time. In particular you may request a copy of any personal data held by us about you upon written application. Please note we reserve the right to charge the current maximum statutory fee for providing such information. If you believe that any personal information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete please contact us immediately. Any information found to be incorrect will be corrected promptly.
We intend to manage any information learned about you in an ethical manner. We may use your personal data to:
- ensure that Content from the App and/or Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your Device and/or computer;
- allow you to login to your account via the Website (if and when this feature is added), the App and/or the Services and view the Messages and/or Media sent and received using the Services;
- provide the Services;
- allow you to send and receive Messages and Media with other users;
- when you send or receive Messages and Media using the Services we will collect, process and store the Messages and Media on our servers. The Messages and Media will also be stored within the App’s Dedicated Document Path on the devices of the recipient to whom you have sent any Messages and Media;
- display your “last seen” information to every user of the App and/or Services who has your mobile phone number in their mobile phone’s address book or contact list unless you have chosen to block that user from your friends list in the App. Last seen information reflects approximately the last time you used the App or brought the App to the foreground on your device;
- display your online status information to every user of the App and/or Services who has your mobile phone number in their mobile phone’s address book or contact list unless you have chosen to block that user from your friends list in the App. You will be shown as being "online" when using the App or you have the App in the foreground on your device;
- display your “typing” status information to every user of the App and/or Services who has your mobile phone number in their mobile phone’s address book or contact list unless you have chosen to block that user from your friends list in the App. Typing information reflects approximately the time you are Online and are typing a message to the recipient within that chat;
- we may share your personally identifiable information with our third party service providers to the extent that it is reasonably necessary to perform, improve or maintain the Services;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- notify you about changes to our service;
- access your address book or contact list on your mobile device to sync your contacts into the App unless you have opted not to import your contacts; and/or
- access your Facebook account to automatically insert your basic information into the registration fields during the sign up process. You are notified of what information will be accessed which may include your: email address, profile photo, name, list of friends.
The information which we may collect and/or process about you may include:
- Information from or concerning your mobile device;
- Your mobile phone number, your email address, username, and password;
- ; and/or
- Any other information which you may provide to us on the Website, via e-mail and/or by post.
We may also use your personal data to contact you about new features and/or services which may be of interest to you. We will contact you by using push notifications to your device. You can stop receiving these push notifications from us at any time by switching off this function in your device settings.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1162 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our agreements with you, or to protect our rights, property, or our safety and/or the safety of our customers, or others. We also have the right to disclose your identity and/or information to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to the Website and/or the App or sent via the Services constitutes a violation of any law or right.
We will disclose Messages and Media which you send using the Services to the intended recipients.
Where we store your information
The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
Security on the Server
Messages and Media are encrypted when being transferred to and from the server.
The hosting company for the App’s servers has a number of security protocols in place to keep any servers from being hacked, keeping your Content safe and secure.
It is not in the interest of Chatazap Labs Limited or the Hosting company providing the servers to view your Content.
For your security as soon as the recipient downloads your sent Messages or Media they are deleted from the server. Only Content that has been sent as “Sharing Allowed” may stay on the server if other users are continually sharing it. Section 6.12 in our EULA contains further details.
Security on your Device
For added security and protection, we take all of the industry standard precautions necessary to make sure your Messages or Media are not accessible.
Unfortunately however, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we implement procedures (as above) to encrypt your Content when transmitting data and secure your Content when it is held on our servers, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via the App, the Services and/or the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information then, as above, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice on the Website or through the App if a security breach occurs.
Any information you transmit to the App is transmitted at your own risk. Using unsecured wifi or other unprotected networks to submit Messages and/or Media through the App is never recommended.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy at any time. Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. The changed Policy will be effective from when it is posted on the Website.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed:
- By post to Chatazap, 29 Foregate Street, Worcester, WR1 1DS;
- By email at email@example.com; and/or
- By our online contact page at chatazap.com/contact.